With powerful winds, substantial snowfall, and heavy rainstorms, your roof protects your family from external elements. But your roofing system can only protect your home if it’s well-maintained. Continual roof maintenance is the best way to ensure your home is protected against sudden storm damage. Take a look at some of the top ways you can protect your home and family with proper roofing care.
Follow Household Safety Precautions
If you’re ready to tackle an upcoming roof repair yourself, it’s important that you treat this project with precaution in mind. You should take special care when it comes to:
- Ladders: You’ll need to use a ladder to get onto your roofing system, which is why educating yourself on ladder safety is important. To avoid falls, make sure to follow the three-point-contact rule and have someone support the ladder.
- Equipment: Make sure to wear proper clothing and use professional equipment when working on your roof. A helmet, sturdy work pants, and anti-skid shoes will help. If you’re using any tools, wear goggles and gloves.
- Debris: Your roofing system and work area should always be clear of debris. Using a tool belt will keep your nails and hammers organized. Remove fallen trees and clean out gutters to keep your roof clear.
- Weather: Working outside during inclement weather is never recommended. You should only work on your roof when the weather is clear and avoid wind, rain, ice, and snow.
Schedule a Detailed Inspection With a Roofing Contractor
Working with a professional roofing contractor ensures your roof is in the hands of the professionals. Contact your local roofing company to schedule a comprehensive inspection. During your inspection, your roofing contractor will look for signs of damage and determine the next steps to help your roof. It’s important to take action based on their detailed damage reports to prevent damage from accumulating. Some roofing actions they may recommend include:
- Repairing Damaged Shingles
- Investing in a New Roof Replacement
- Following a Roof Maintenance Plan
Receive a Free Quote From Your Certified Indiana Roofing Company
Rees Restoration is your certified choice for local Indiana roofing services. With 20+ years of industry experience, we provide complete roofing care for your residential home or commercial business. Our certified professionals have the experience to make sure your roof, siding, gutters, windows, and doors are protecting your home. Give us a call today to schedule your free home inspection and get started with free pricing!
Subscribe to Rees Restoration's Blog